UltraViolet PAC Endorses Queer Woman for South Carolina’s State House
“I am extremely honored to be recognized on the same list as these nine outstanding women running to represent our communities across the country. Every day I am more determined to bring real representation for Irmo and Chapin, and fight for my community in the State House,” Edwards said.
- End to Gender-based Violence: A world where sexual assault, sexual harassment, and domestic violence are rare–and when they happen, survivors are supported and perpetrators held accountable. Comprehensive consent-based sex education for all so our children can become adults with healthy, shame-free views on sexuality and relationships grounded in consent and respect.
- Immigrant Justice: An immigration system based in justice that includes a path to citizenship for immigrants and asylum-seekers and rejects their criminalization and deportation.
- Racial Justice: Racial equity in every basic aspect of life, including housing, employment, education, health care, and representation in appointed and elected bodies. We must put the needs of people historically abandoned or attacked by the state–people of color, Native people, sex workers of color, and trans people of color– front and center in any attempt to create safe and thriving communities.
- LGBTQ Equity: A society that celebrates and honors the diversity of genders and sexualities and where all people live free from bullying, violence, and discrimination in workplaces, schools, communities, and accessing healthcare.
- Economic Security for All: A nation where all people have what they need to live with dignity, including affordable housing, a living wage, and adequate parental, medical, disability, and sick leave for ALL people. An end to gender and race wage gaps.
- Disability Justice: All people, including those living with a disability, have the right to live dignified, full, self–directed lives. We must create systems of healthcare, education, housing, and employment that care for ALL people and fully address the needs of those with disabilities.
- Safe Communities: Safe communities where no one has to live in fear of gun violence.
- Healthy Environments: Healthy toxin-free land and environments with clean air and water in which to build our families, communities, and futures.
- Reproductive Freedom: Access to non-judgmental, complete reproductive health care, including abortion access, for all people regardless of income or geography.
- Health Care for All: Accessible, affordable, quality, and culturally competent health care, including mental health services, for all.